Wednesday, February 23, 2011
"Ring around the rosy,
a pocket full of posy,
ashes, ashes we all fall down."
Meaning: Ring around the rosy... circle a fire (the people bowing for the monk, and the crowd the Tunisian attracted) pocket full of posy... a bouquet of flowers (the mom of the Tunisian grieving, and the flowers of the cremation of the monk) ashes, ashes we all fall down... the two men burning for the people.
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
- How did I feel during planning this presentation? Why did I feel this way? I felt distracted, and a bit not able to think. I felt this because of what had happened earlier in the week with the sub, and I couldn’t focus again. On Friday I felt better, and was able to finish my slides.
- How did I feel prior to presenting? Why did I feel this way?
Prior to presenting, I was anxious, and nervous. I kept seeing people mess up, and even though I felt I new my stuff, and kept going over my speech in my head, there was a voice in the back of my head that kept telling me I would mess up.
- How did I feel while I was presenting? Why did I feel this way?
As soon as I stepped up on the stage to talk, my mind went blank. I felt like I could just melt right into the ground, and never come out. I was extremely embarrassed that I just couldn’t remember. I felt this way, because I wasn’t as prepared as I thought I should have. I hadn’t really mentally prepared myself for forgetting what I was going to say. I felt confident because I knew my stuff, but when I got up there the nervousness took over. After I shook off the first slide, I couldn’t really get back into my voice, and the way I do because of what had just happened.
- What did I personally do well?
The only thing I can think of doing well during the debate was recovering. Although I just completely spaced what I was supposed to say, I was able to gather myself, and finish out my presentation. Before the debate, I felt like I was trying to keep everyone on task, taking me away from mine.
- What did not go as desired in this presentation?
Just about everything. My brain froze, ruining my whole presentation for the rest of my speaking period.
- On a scale from 1-10, how well do I think I understood the content? Explain.
I think I understood it in about a 9, I just couldn’t get it out the way I had planned, practiced, and written down. I new what the 50% plan, and the 10% plan were, I just caught my words, and tried to change too much at the last second.
- How do I think my group members perceived me? Why do I think this?
I don’t quite now whether they thought of me as a mess up, or just a detriment to the group. I think this because I know I’ve had good projects, and that this one I just missed, but also they could just be thinking about how they did good, and I really stunk it up.
- How do I think the 8th graders perceived me? Why do I think this?
I think the 8th graders were disappointed with me, because they had heard things about me, and expected me to lift my group up, not bring them down.
- Knowing that I can only control how I act and react, if I could do this presentation again, what would I change about my actions to make it a more ideal experience?
Starting off, I would have just compromised, reversing the order of my words, or just stopped to catch my breath.
- What are my strengths in groups?
I can get my work done on time, and do it quality. Although this project I struggled, it will just push me more to be the best the next time. Also, I can really bring the creative aspect forward. Usually I can bring forth energy, which I didn’t in the debate because of the stress I was under.
- What areas do I need improvement?
PUBLIC SPEEKING, even though I was ready, like I said I just saw all the eyes on me and just struggled.
- What is the most important thing I learned about myself? Why is this so important?
I learned I have to be even more prepared speaking infront of others (not just the mirror). This is important, because we will do many more debates in DLC, and in my life.
- Are there any other things that I need to express?