- How did I feel during planning this presentation? Why did I feel this way? I felt distracted, and a bit not able to think. I felt this because of what had happened earlier in the week with the sub, and I couldn’t focus again. On Friday I felt better, and was able to finish my slides.
- How did I feel prior to presenting? Why did I feel this way?
Prior to presenting, I was anxious, and nervous. I kept seeing people mess up, and even though I felt I new my stuff, and kept going over my speech in my head, there was a voice in the back of my head that kept telling me I would mess up.
- How did I feel while I was presenting? Why did I feel this way?
As soon as I stepped up on the stage to talk, my mind went blank. I felt like I could just melt right into the ground, and never come out. I was extremely embarrassed that I just couldn’t remember. I felt this way, because I wasn’t as prepared as I thought I should have. I hadn’t really mentally prepared myself for forgetting what I was going to say. I felt confident because I knew my stuff, but when I got up there the nervousness took over. After I shook off the first slide, I couldn’t really get back into my voice, and the way I do because of what had just happened.
- What did I personally do well?
The only thing I can think of doing well during the debate was recovering. Although I just completely spaced what I was supposed to say, I was able to gather myself, and finish out my presentation. Before the debate, I felt like I was trying to keep everyone on task, taking me away from mine.
- What did not go as desired in this presentation?
Just about everything. My brain froze, ruining my whole presentation for the rest of my speaking period.
- On a scale from 1-10, how well do I think I understood the content? Explain.
I think I understood it in about a 9, I just couldn’t get it out the way I had planned, practiced, and written down. I new what the 50% plan, and the 10% plan were, I just caught my words, and tried to change too much at the last second.
- How do I think my group members perceived me? Why do I think this?
I don’t quite now whether they thought of me as a mess up, or just a detriment to the group. I think this because I know I’ve had good projects, and that this one I just missed, but also they could just be thinking about how they did good, and I really stunk it up.
- How do I think the 8th graders perceived me? Why do I think this?
I think the 8th graders were disappointed with me, because they had heard things about me, and expected me to lift my group up, not bring them down.
- Knowing that I can only control how I act and react, if I could do this presentation again, what would I change about my actions to make it a more ideal experience?
Starting off, I would have just compromised, reversing the order of my words, or just stopped to catch my breath.
- What are my strengths in groups?
I can get my work done on time, and do it quality. Although this project I struggled, it will just push me more to be the best the next time. Also, I can really bring the creative aspect forward. Usually I can bring forth energy, which I didn’t in the debate because of the stress I was under.
- What areas do I need improvement?
PUBLIC SPEEKING, even though I was ready, like I said I just saw all the eyes on me and just struggled.
- What is the most important thing I learned about myself? Why is this so important?
I learned I have to be even more prepared speaking infront of others (not just the mirror). This is important, because we will do many more debates in DLC, and in my life.
- Are there any other things that I need to express?